Thursday, April 8, 2010

Motivate by paying more?

Better Packages to woo your work-force?

When I look back upon my years with the x-team and think of motivation, I realize that unknowingly I was doing the right thing for my team and role, by trying to increment the minimum salary level to a higher level.

The IT industry work-force is not one that would fit into the lower rung of the need hierarchy. They are tech-savvy and information oriented - meaning always aware and seeking updates through all channels and knowing how to use it too. They need money and the news of more money, by and by.

So you have to give them a package that is not unfitting to the industry standard and you have to give them the promise of more. The implements to make that happen too.

However, that process cannot be slow, because there are other takers out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment